Careers at Qualistar
Here at Qualistar, we have a dynamic team with years of experience in the early childhood education field. We are always looking for talented, committed professionals who want to positively impact the people and places we serve. If you are interested in an early childhood education career with Qualistar, please take a look at our current openings.
Director of Business and Finance
Qualistar, a Colorado-based 501c3, elevates the quality of early childhood education in Colorado by improving everyday practice of professionals, and by building safe, supportive environments. We provide assessment, training, grants, scholarships, and technical assistance to licensed providers, collaborating with state and local entities to efficiently and effectively deliver solutions across the state.
We continually scan Colorado’s early childhood landscape to identify gaps in quality and drive development of systems and solutions focused on quality improvements. We are advocates for high quality in early care and education, working to raise awareness and promote its importance across our state.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Director of Business and Finance manages the entire range of financial aspects of the organization. This includes preparing the budget, ensuring that the organization has viable business plans, keeping abreast with new developments in the nonprofit accounting laws and principles, finance and accounting, employee compensation, benefits administration, risk and facilities management, contract management, and supplying any and all financial information for the Finance Committee and the Board.
ON-GOING ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides the President and Strategic Leadership Team (SLT) with strategic financial counsel grounded in thorough knowledge of the organization’s activities, financial picture, needs, and growth opportunities.
• Oversees all accounting activities and ensures accuracy of information prepared and reported.
• Supports the SLT and their respective program areas by supplying any and all financial information necessary to ensure proper use of grant funds and accountability.
• Prepares the annual budget with staff, and solicits input from the Finance Committee and the Board of Directors.
• Develops and implements financial and human resources policies as part of the organization’s overall office policies and procedures.
• Ensures all revenue generation activities are coordinated across the organization.
• Reviews monthly bank reconciliation, manages and oversees the Senior Accountant for payroll and employee benefits, administers investments, reviews tax filings, ensures accounting software is adequately maintained and upgraded as needed, and oversees the annual audit process and year-ending financial statements.
• Acts as one of several Trustees of the 401K Plan and administers the Plan on behalf of the Trustees.
• Provides financial information needed by leadership to support the establishment of the operational benchmarks, timelines and resources needed to achieve business and financial goals.
• Oversees the administration of contracts and financial commitments.
• Supports the Board of Directors by staffing the Finance Committee and other committees as needed. This includes establishing priorities and goals; developing and implementing training as needed; providing updates and preparing reports as requested.
• Shares accountability for the achievement of the organization’s strategic goals and priorities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Previous experience in a financial management position with a nonprofit organization managing multiple funding streams (foundation and government) with varying timelines and reporting requirements.
• Demonstrated skills and experience in the areas of accounting and finance, budgeting and forecasting, entrepreneurial and business planning, and contract management.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, or related discipline from an accredited college or university, and five or more years’ experience in a related field.
• Expertise with Quickbooks accounting and Microsoft Office software applications.
• Ability to think entrepreneurially, analyzes situations, and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse types of people; communicate tactfully and effectively in both writing and speaking.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities and multiple projects.
• Strong writing and presentation skills.
• Ability to analyze situations carefully with attention to detail and recommend/implement appropriate courses of action.
• Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
All interested and qualified applicants please send a resume and cover letter to:
Kathryn Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
The most qualified candidates will be contacted on a confidential basis. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Why Work at Qualistar?
At Qualistar our mission is to elevate the quality of early childhood education in Colorado by improving everyday practice of professionals, and by building safe, supportive environments. Our team is comprised of experts with more than 300 years of collective experience in the field of early childhood education at the local, state, and national levels. We pride ourselves with our passion for improving the lives of early childhood professionals, families, and children.
As we work to elevate quality across Colorado, we also hold ourselves to high standards. Our work as a team is guided by five core values. We are committed to a culture that is mission-driven and foster professionalism, teamwork, innovation, and mutual respect so that all team members are valued, healthy, and thriving. We like to have fun together and have monthly potlucks and annual outings that bring family and friends together.
We value work-family balance and strive to offer our team competitive benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance as well as access to a 401(K) retirement savings plan, paid vacation, paid sick time, and flexible work schedules. We also reside on a pet-friendly campus and welcome the company of our furry family members.